Hope Presbyterian Church started meeting for Worship in March of 2008 and became a self-governing church in July of 2010. Hope is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America and was a Church Plant of Westminster Reformed Presbyterian Church in Suffolk, VA. We are a new Church that is on its fifth year of meeting together. Even though we are a young Church we are growing and striving to impact our city and community for the Kingdom of God. From children to youth to adults we have ministries and activities for all ages. We are a Church that loves sharing in fellowship as we worship God for all He has given us in Jesus.
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
~ Matthew 28:18-20
We subscribe to the Westminster Confession of Faith . We also believe in these essentials:
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ
Our Mission is to glorify and enjoy God by: Exalting His name, Equipping His people, Encouraging His children, Expanding His Kingdom.
Our vision is to be a loving and caring Church that glorifies God by impacting the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.